Get ready to embrace the holiday spirit with the best Christmas Advent Calendar Competitions for 2023! As we approach the year 2024 it’s time to explore the Christmas advent calendar competitions that are bound to make this festive season truly memorable. From surprises to rewards, we’ve scoured the UK internet to bring you an ultimate compilation of competitions that will infuse your holiday countdown with an extra dose of joy and anticipation. So grab a mug of cocoa and snuggle up, by the fireplace. Let’s delve into the finest Christmas advent competitions for 2023!
List of 2023 Christmas Advent Calendar Competitions
Advent Calendar Competitions 2023
|Organisers||Prize||How to enter||End date||Date added|
|Mamabella.uk||A Next beauty advent calendar worth £355||11/11/2023||03/10/2023|
|MJ Electrical Training||A WERA 2023 advent calendars worth £49.99||25/11/2023||03/10/2023|
|The Handbook||A Space NK 2023 Advent Calendar worth £1,000||30/11/2023||08/10/2023|
|Daily Mail||A 2023 YOU Beauty Advent Calendar||09/10/2023||09/10/2023|
|Boundary Outlet||A 2023 MAC Advent Calendar worth £165||29/10/2023||09/10/2023|
|UNiDAYS||A 2023 Lovehoney Advent Calendar worth £450||16/10/2023||09/10/2023|
|Airpure UK||A Tea Light Advent Calendar||12/10/2023||09/10/2023|
|Rituals||A Rituals Deluxe 2023 Advent Calendar worth £99.90||12/11/2023||10/10/2023|
|The Handbook||A 2023 Molton Brown Advent Calendar, Worth £309||22/11/2023||11/10/2023|
|TATTI LASHES||A 2023 TATTI LASHES Advent Calendar worth over £220||19/10/2023||14/10/2023|
|Kiddy Charts||5 x 2023 Playmobil advent calendars||26/10/2023||15/10/2023|
|The Diary of a Jewellery lover||A 2023 Lindt Advent Calendar||22/10/2023||15/10/2023|
|SheerLuxe||The 12 Day 2023 Astrid & Miyu Advent Calendar worth £325||16/11/2023||16/10/2023|
|Captainbobcat.com||A 2023 GAIA skincare Advent Calendar worth over £300||08/11/2023||18/10/2023|
|Anthropologie||12 x 2023 Anthropologie Advent Calendars worth over £300||24/10/2023||19/10/2023|
|Bird & Blend Tea Co||A 2023 Tea Advent Calendar||21/10/2023||19/10/2023|
|DiaryDiary.co.uk||An Advent Calendar Of Tea Break Treats From Lottie Shaw’s Bakery||24/11/2023||19/10/2023|
|Eliza.co.uk||The winner will receive one 2023 Space NK advent calendar, one 2023 Cult Beauty Advent Calendar, one 2023 Estella Barlett 12 days of jewellery advent calendar and one 2023 Harrods beauty advent calendar||22/10/2023||19/10/2023|
|Raven Lifestyle||A 2023 L' Occitane Advent Calendar||28/10/2023||19/10/2023|
|Sinful.co.uk||A 2023 Sex Toy Advent Calendar||22/11/2023||19/10/2023|
|VoucherCodes.co.uk||3 x 2023 LOOKFANTASTIC beauty advent calendara||28/10/2023||19/10/2023|
|westwalesfamilylife.co.uk/||a 2023 Lego Harry Potter Advent Calendar||18/11/2023||19/10/2023|
|Mamabella.uk||A 2023 Space NK Advent Calendar||23/11/2023||19/10/2023|
|TipTree Photos||A 2023 Tiptree Jam Advent Calendar||25/10/2023||20/10/2023|
|SheerLuxe||A Daylesford Organic Luxury Advent Calendar, Plus A Showstopping Wicker Hamper Worth £500||30/11/2023||20/10/2023|
|JD Williams||A 2023 Gatineau Christmas Advent Calendar||26/10/2023||21/10/2023|
|CraftStash.co.uk||The Crochet Society Advent Calendar 2023 worth £79.99||04/11/2023||21/10/2023|
|cakeatthecottage||The 2023 White Company Advent Calendar worth £273||30/10/2023||22/10/2023|
|StudentBeans & Cult Beauty||an advent calendar worth over £1,000 EACH for you and a BFF||23/10/2023||22/10/2023|
|JD Williams||a 2023 JD Williams Christmas Advent Calendar||26/10/2023||23/10/2023|
|Siren Craft Beer||a free 24-can craft beer advent calendar||31/10/2023||23/10/2023|
|Comfort||a £175 luxury advent calendar and a winter indulgence product bundle||05/11/2023||23/10/2023|
|COCOBA Chocolate||2 x Cocoba's 2023 Hot Chocolate Advent Calendars worth £59 each||30/11/2023||24/10/2023|
|Blue Light Card||1 of 3 advent calendars (Lovehoney X Womanizer Sex Toy Advent Calendar (24 Piece) RRP £150. Lovehoney Rose Sex Toy Advent Calendar (12 piece) RRP £100. Lovehoney Dream Wand Sex Toy Advent Calendar (12 Piece) RRP £100)||24/10/2023||24/10/2023|
|Holland & Barrett||a 2023 Holland & Barrett beauty advent calendar worth £179||01/11/2023||25/10/2023|
|Voucher Codes||a 2023 Debenhams Advent Calendar worth £390||31/10/2023||25/10/2023|
|Arnold Clark Autoparts||a Draper Tools advent calendar||30/10/2023||26/10/2023|
|Cornwall Living||The 2023 Cornwall Living Advent Calendar||12/12/2023||29/10/2023|
|Spritz Wellness||A 2023 Anthropologie Advent Calendar worth over £300||05/11/2023||30/10/2023|
|O2 Priority||5 x 2023 Virgin Wines Advent Calendars||12/11/2023||30/10/2023|
|Cadburry||5 x Cadburry 3D Advent Calendars 2023||23/11/2023||01/11/2023|
|The Handbook||A 2023 Liberty London Advent Calendar worth over £1,000||23/11/2023||01/11/2023|
|Fairfax & Favor||12 extra-special prizes, worth a total of £20,000||12/12/2023||01/11/2023|
|Waitrose||500 x 2023 Bonne Maman Advent Calendars||28/11/2023||02/11/2023|
|Pouch Sisters||A 2023 LookFantastic Advent Calendar||24/11/2023||02/11/2023|
|Karen Miller||A 2023 Elemis Advent Calendar||07/11/2023||02/11/2023|
|Hartman Outdoor Products||a Christmas 24 Days Countdown Advent Calendar||30/11/2023||02/11/2023|
|Jet2holidays||a 2023 Glossybox Advent Calendar||12/11/2023||02/11/2023|
|Molton Brown||a 2023 Molton Brown Advent Calendar||09/11/2023||04/11/2023|
|BrewDog||a Beery Advent Calendar||09/11/2023||04/11/2023|
|John Lewis||2 x Beauty Advent Calendars||05/11/2023||04/11/2023|
The above table is updated daily with all the new 2023 Christmas Advent Calendar Competitions!
What is a Christmas Advent Calendar?
A Christmas Advent Content Calendar is a special way to count down the days leading up to Christmas. It’s a festive and fun tradition that many families and individuals in the UK and around the world participate in during the holiday season. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- Countdown to Christmas: An Advent Content Calendar is designed to help you count down the 24 days leading up to Christmas Day, which is celebrated on December 25th. It starts on December 1st and ends on December 24th, Christmas Eve.
- Daily Surprises: Instead of simply marking the days on a regular calendar, an Advent Content Calendar adds an element of excitement by providing a small surprise or gift for each day of December leading up to Christmas. These surprises are often hidden behind numbered doors or compartments.
- Variety of Designs: Advent Content Calendars come in various designs and styles. Some are traditional with religious motifs, while others feature popular holiday symbols like Santa Claus, reindeer, or Christmas trees. There are also themed calendars for children, such as those featuring characters from animated films or TV shows.
- Customizable: Some people prefer to create their own Advent Content Calendars, personalizing them with unique surprises and activities for each day. This can include anything from small toys and chocolates to handwritten notes, festive activities, or acts of kindness to perform each day.
- Countdown to the Birth of Jesus: The word “Advent” itself has religious significance, as it refers to the period of preparation and anticipation leading up to the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. For many, Advent Content Calendars help them focus on the spiritual aspect of Christmas and reflect on the true meaning of the holiday.
- Family Tradition: Many families use Advent Content Calendars as a way to create cherished holiday traditions. Opening a new compartment or door each day can be a memorable and joyful experience for children and adults alike.
- Commercial Options: In addition to homemade calendars, you can find a wide range of pre-made Advent Content Calendars available for purchase. These can be filled with chocolates, beauty products, or other small gifts, making them a convenient option for those who want to enjoy the tradition without the DIY aspect.
Some interesting statistics related to Advent Calendars:
- Advent calendars originated in Germany in the 19th century.
- The first printed Advent calendar was produced in the early 1900s.
The Origins of Advent Calendars: A Brief History
Remember as a child the thrill of counting the days until Christmas? Perhaps part of that excitement was due to a unique tradition – the advent calendar. Let’s delve deeper into the origins of this beloved Yuletide routine.
The advent calendar tradition dates back to the mid-19th century, with strong roots in Christian religious practices. ‘Advent’, in Christian terms, refers to the anticipation or coming of Christ, beginning on the fourth Sunday before Christmas, a period also known as the Advent season.
“Advent calendars, more than a countdown, were used as a unique tool to teach the Christian faith leading up to Christmas.”
Early Non-commercial Advent Calendars
The early incarnations of the advent calendar were quite different from the commercial versions we see today. Here are a few examples;
- Chalk Lines: Pronounced German families would use chalk to make a simple line on their doors for each day leading up to Christmas.
- Advent Candles: Another practice involved lighting a new candle or adding a new decoration to a fir wreath each day.
- Saint’s Pictures: In religious households, they’d hang Saint’s pictures for each day of the Advent season.
The First Printed Advent Calendars
The first known commercially printed advent calendar did not appear until the beginning of the 20th century in Germany. This creation is credited to a Munich publisher, Gerhard Lang, who reminisced about a hand-made calendar from his mother.
“Lang’s calendar was a simple cardboard with 24 small, colourful pictures. Interestingly, chocolates and gifts were not part of the advent calendars until more recent times.”
Modern Advent Calendars
Today’s advent calendars have evolved to include a variety of themes, from chocolates and drinks to beauty products and even a comprehensive Christmas Advent Calendar competition.
Now that we’ve understood the roots and history of advent calendars, let’s look at what a Christmas Advent Calendar competition is in our following section. Stay tuned!
How Do Christmas Advent Calendar Competitions Work?
Most of us are familiar with the traditional Christmas Advent calendar; a simple tool used to count or celebrate the days leading up to Christmas. However, a Christmas Advent Calendar Competition adds a fun and exciting twist to this customary arrangement.
Simply put, a Christmas Advent Calendar Competition involves winning prizes daily, from the start of December up until Christmas Day.
- Preparation: At the start, the competition host typically creates an Advent calendar. This has 24 hidden compartments or ‘doors’, each representing a day from December 1st to 24th. Behind every door is a daily surprise – a prize to be won.
- Participation: Participants then gain the chance to open a specific ‘door’ on the specified day. This could be achieved by answering a competition question, completing a task, or simply at random.
- Winning: If they fulfill the specified criteria, they win the prize hidden behind the door for that day. This continues every day until Christmas.
What makes this competition truly captivating is the intrigue and anticipation. You never know what’s going to be behind the next door!
|Prize||A gift or reward that is won on a daily basis, typically provided by the competition host.|
|Criteria||The condition that needs to be fulfilled to win the prize for each day. It can be random or task-based.|
|Daily Surprise||The thrilling unknown aspect of the competition, as the participants do not know what the daily prize will be until the ‘door’ for that day is opened.|
With the excitement of a daily surprise and the prospect of winning enticing gifts, a Christmas Advent Calendar Competition could be a cherished addition to your festive celebrations!
Types of Prizes You Can Win in Advent Calendar Competitions
When the frosty chill of winter arrives, what’s more exciting than the anticipation of opening a door on your advent calendar each day? Well, the thrill of possibly winning a prize just might top that! The advent calendar competition brings a whole new level of joy to the yuletide season with an array of fantastic prizes to be won. But what kinds of goodies might be hidden behind those calendar doors?
In some advent calendar competitions, lucky participants might stand a chance to win extravagant travel packages. These could range from all-expense-paid trips to sunny beach resorts, exciting city breaks, or even magical trips to places like Disneyland. If you’re a travel enthusiast, these advent calendar competitions could be your mini-ticket to the world.
What’s Christmas without a bit of indulgence, right? Some advent calendar competitions offer delectable gourmet treats: the finest chocolates from Belgium, a selection of cheese from around the globe, bottles of premium wine, and much more. These mouth-watering prizes are sure to titillate the taste buds of any food lover.
Remember: the proof of the Christmas pudding is in the eating!
Electronics and Home Appliances
If you’re tired of your old toaster that refuses to pop or your battered phone that’s on its last legs, then keep your fingers crossed for an upgrade. Electronics and home appliances, including the latest smartphones, smart TVs, kitchen gadgets, and even high-end laptops, could be yours with the luck of the draw.
|Smartphones||iPhone 15 Pro Max, Samsung Galaxy S23, Google Pixel 7|
|Kitchen Gadgets||Instant Pot, Nespresso Machine, NutriBullet Blender|
Luxury Fashion Items
Ever dreamt of owning a pair of designer heels, a high-end watch, or a luxury handbag? Dream no more. Advent calendar competitions sometimes hide superb fashion pieces behind their small doors. Not only can you walk into the new year in style, but you could also do so without spending a penny!
In conclusion, the range of prizes to be won in advent calendar competitions is truly vast, and the possibilities are nearly endless. It adds a wonderful spin to the treasured tradition of advent calendars, making every day of the festive season a potential ‘win-day.’
Where Can You Find Christmas Advent Calendar Competitions?
If you’re on the lookout for the best Christmas Advent Calendar competitions for 2023, you’ve come to the right place! At newcomps.co.uk, your festive needs are our top priority. You’ll find an array of exciting competitions aggregated for your convenience.
The run up to Christmas doesn’t have to be stressful; instead, it can be a fun-filled period of surprise and anticipation. That’s the beauty of advent calendar competitions – they not only count the days to Christmas, but each door opened presents a new possibility, a new thrill.
Why Choose newcomps.co.uk?
At newcomps.co.uk, we exist to make your festive season more magical. Here’s what sets us apart:
- Up-to-date information: Our team works round the clock to ensure you have the latest advent calendar competitions at your fingertips.
- Wide variety: We have an extensive list of partnerships, which provides a vast range of competitions to choose from.
- User-friendly: Our site is simple and easy to use. Whether you’re a tech-savvy individual or a newbie, you’ll navigate with ease.
So why not turn your Christmas countdown into a merry adventure? At newcomps.co.uk, we ensure that every day brings a new opportunity to win and spread the holiday cheer.
Top Tips for Increasing Your Chances of Winning
As the festive season hovers around the corner, you must be excited about participating in the excitement that Christmas Advent Calendar competition brings. To help you stand a better chance of winning, we’ve put together some top tips for you.
Competitions usually have a theme or a purpose. For a Christmas Advent Calendar competition, it’s crucial that you understand the spirit of the season and align your entries to that. You can do the following:
- Look at past winning entries and take note of what made them stand out.
- Follow the company or organisation running the competition on social media platforms. Observe what they post or share as this can provide clues on what they’re looking for in a winning submission.
Design with Purpose
Your competition entry should convey a clear message and make an impression. Here are a few tips for achieving that:
- Personalise your entry: Make your design unique and personalised. This is a sure way to stand out from the crowd.
- Keep it simple: Too much detail can clutter your work. Keep your design clean, simple and focused on one main idea.
Adhere to Submission Guidelines
Make sure you stick to the rules of the competition. Issues such as incorrect format, late submission, or not following the theme can lead to immediate disqualification.
Winning a competition often comes down to a well-thought-out strategy and paying attention to detail. Put your heart and soul into your design, understand the competition rules and theme, and you’ll increase your chances of success.
Stay Positive and Keep Trying
Remember, winning isn’t everything. Participating in competitions gives you the opportunity to showcase your creativity and learn from other participants. So, stay positive, keep trying, and eventually, success will come your way.
Famous Brands that Host Christmas Advent Calendar Competitions
Though many might initially associate the concept of advent calendars with childhood tradition, numerous brands in the UK have rejuvenated this festive practice into an exciting feature for grown-ups as well – a Christmas Advent Calendar competition. Here are some renowned brands that host such exciting Advent Calendar competitions every year.
The Body Shop
The Body Shop is famed for its ’24 Happy Days’ Advent Calendar. This collection of beauty surprises plays its reindeer games as a thrilling competition for Body Shop devotees to win a trove of beauty gifts worth over £100, including skincare, makeup, and other pampering essentials.
For the 2023 Christmas Season, The Body Shop has come up with three boxes; The Box of Wishes Advent Calendar, The Box of Wonders Big Advent Calendar, and The Box of Wishes and Wonders Ultimate Advent Calendar
No one can resist a traditional chocolate Advent Calendar, especially when it’s from Cadbury. Each year, they host a competition where participants stand a chance to win mouth-watering chocolate boxes.
Fortnum & Mason
When it comes to the luxury sector, Fortnum & Mason leaps a notch higher with its Christmas Advent Calendar competition. Participants can win sophisticated hampers crammed with premium tea, biscuits, chocolates, and confectionery every day.
With its beauty Advent Calendar, Debenhams creates a whirlwind every Christmas. Their drawing offers a chance to win a beauty box containing samples of makeup, skincare, and perfumes each day.
LEGO’s Advent Calendar competition stirs the imagination and kindles creativity. From Star Wars to Harry Potter-themed sets, fans compete for the chance to win a new toy every day up to Christmas.
Remember, the essence of these competitions doesn’t only lie in the winning, but the excitement of the festive season, coupled with the anticipation brewing, as you wait eagerly for the unveiling of each day’s surprise.
In summary, a Christmas Advent Content Calendar is a delightful way to mark the days leading up to Christmas. It combines the anticipation of the holiday season with the joy of daily surprises, making it a beloved tradition in many UK households during December. Whether religious or secular, Advent Content Calendars add a touch of magic to the Christmas countdown and create lasting memories for all involved.
P.S. Don’t forget to check other Christmas Competitions